Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Best Presidential Facial Hair

It's stiff competition to be sure. But here's what you got:

5. Abraham Lincoln




4. Chester Arthur



3. Benjamin Harrison



2. Martin Van Buren



1. William Howard Taft



shinigami-sidhe, I hope you aren't hurt that I went with a mere moustache. I just think as far as moustaches go, this one is especially divine. Or if not divine, then certainly walrus-esque.

You may be interested in the following very useful website: http://www.nicholaswhyte.info/presbeards.htm

2 comments:

Elisheba said...

I think mustaches are a delightful sub-category of facial hair. Remember, it's not simply amount we are discussing, it is quality, and I would find it difficult to argue with that delightful mustache.

Also, how about a category for presidents who could really have used some facial hair? The only one I can think of right now is Zachary Taylor, who had a face that could have used some coverage and also some beard power to keep him in office longer.

Steven Taylor said...

That's not Howard Taft, that's Mike Holgren!